The templates on this page are a Project Manager cover letter sample and a product manager cover letter example. The cover letters below have been written based on real resume samples hosted on our website.
In a hurry? Our state of the art cover letter builder can help you write a convincing cover letter in minutes.
Build My Free Cover Letter Now >>
Both of the letters on this page were built using our cover letter templates.
Table of Contents
- Project Manager Cover Letter Sample
- Product Manager Cover Letter Sample
SEE ALSO > How to Write an Excellent Resume
1. Project Manager Cover Letter Sample
Our project manager cover letter template emphasizes the applicant’s achievements with three bullet points. Use the samples to help you format your own cover letter.
Click Here to Download Our
Project Manager Cover Letter Sample
Project Manager Cover Letter (Text Format)
August 1, 2016
187 Maybrook Street
Orlando, Florida 94000
Dear Mr. Lebowski
I am writing to apply for the IT Project Manager position at Systems+, as advertised on Linkedin.com. I am confident that my 3 years of solid experience and diverse capabilities in project management make me an ideal candidate to successfully fulfill this position.
During my time working as a Junior IT Project Manager at XConnect, I was the second-in-charge to the Project Manager in leading a medium-sized development team. I was charged with the responsibility of helping oversee a range of critical projects from conception to delivery.
I was commended by my manager for demonstrating strong skills in: proactively managing important and time-sensitive projects; developing innovative solutions to critical problems; balancing stakeholder expectations with those of the company; and working collaboratively with other team members to establish an efficient and effective systems of operation.
In my time at XConnect, I was noted for having achieved the following:
- Executing a number of highly profitable projects with budgets over $200,000
- Working with my team to manage the accounts of prestigious international brands and clients
- Strong understanding of statistics, quality improvement techniques, FMEA and RCA
- Successfully contributing to Q & A testing, product SOW, integration and user documentations.
Furthermore, I have strong academic background to ground my work. After completing my Bachelor of Information Technology Management at the University of Minnesota, I went on to score in the top 2% in my Master of Information Systems at the University of Maryland. I plan to draw on these methodologies at Systems+ to effectively complete project scheduling, issue tracking and resource management tasks.
I believe that the above qualities and experiences would make me a valuable addition to your company. If there is any more information you would like me to provide, please do not hesitate to contact me.
SEE ALSO > Free, Downloadable Resume Template Packs
2. Product Manager Cover Letter Sample
Click Here to Download Our
Product Manager Cover Letter
Product Manager Cover Letter (Text Format)
Oct. 30, 2015
Hiring Manager’s Name
341 Company Address
Palo Alto, California, 94301
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
I am writing to apply for the Product Manager position at Central Bay Software. I have more than 8 years of experience working as a Product Manager for technology companies similar to yours where I have accumulated an extensive skill set. My professional expertise aligns perfectly with the goals of this position in your respected company.
My duties at CityTech include balancing an ever-changing product line while seeking to coordinate and connect the appropriate teams in order for product development to run as smoothly as possible. Central Bay Software would benefit from my skills in the following areas:
- Driving the determined solution cross the necessary development teams with good communication and leadership
- Understanding market requirements for current and futue products
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
Having studied your job description, I am aware that Mallard’s Technology is looking for a Front Desk operator that can handle more than the occasional visitor and phone call. Given the wide range of my responsibilities at my previous job, I believe I have the requisite skills and abilities to handle any tasks that you require.
Given the chance, I would be a valuable asset for the next line of products being launched over the coming year. It would be a privilege to discuss your Product Manager position in more detail. I would be happy to come by whenever it is most convenient for you. Thank you for your time, and I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Project Manager Cover Letter Sample 1:
I believe my enthusiasm to become an effective and committed Project Manager is my greatest asset. In today’s highly competitive and fast paced technology industry, organizations need strong aggressive Project Manager leadership to meet ever-changing business development goals. I am certain I can contribute this level of performance to your team, and I invite you to consider my qualifications and accomplishments for the current Project Manager position listed on your website.
My experience and achievements include:
- Experience – 12+ years of productive full life cycle project implementation management/training, coupled with development/support and technical knowledge. Technical knowledge used for Sales support of product demonstrations, also used for Public education speaking opportunities for Company promotional exposure at tradeshows and user group conferences.
- Results – Successful Project Implementation/Training of 140+ enterprise software/hardware security projects for following industries Federal, State and local Governments (Department of Defense, GSA, U.S. Treasury), Colleges & Universities, Healthcare, Hospitality and several Fortune 1,000 companies.
- Product Knowledge – Full Life cycle software development including product SOW, Q&A testing, integration, user documentation and training. All relevant Security center proprietary software and third party software with integration. Hardware including PC desktop workstations, MDT, Servers – rack mount and tower, touch screen monitors (Multiple), LCD, DVD, video capture, Video Cameras, network printers, scanners, fax machines. Network infrastructure components switches, hubs, routers, wireless access switches.
- Performance – Acknowledged for exceeding Goal specific target project completion projects; recipient of multiple company “Team Leader” Diamond awards
- Clearances – Department of Defense (Contractor Data Network), FAA, U.S. Passport
- Accreditations – PMI current member, PMP certification. Cisco Certified Network Specialist (CCNA).
I am an accomplished Project Manager strategist and solution-oriented person who thrives in challenging, fast paced environments where my performance directly impacts the bottom line. In addition, I have solid organizational leadership and decision-making skills that can make an immediate contribution to your operations and business development.
An interview would allow me to explain in detail how we could mutually benefit each other. I am available by phone or email. Thank you for your consideration, I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Project Manager Cover Letter Sample 2:
As a Project Manager at my previous jobs, I have had accountability for the design, implementation, and execution of multi-million dollar turnkey projects. During that time, I have developed a solid reputation for successfully and profitably managing numerous concurrent projects through all project phases from conception through completion within targeted cost, schedule, and compliance parameters. Sustaining a high safety performance reputation, maintaining quality standards, and minimizing corporate costs and liability have been a consistent result of my professional commitment.
I am an analytical, insightful, and highly-disciplined problem solver with a demonstrated ability to identify and secure project resources, and provide the quality leadership that invokes committed professional participation on the contractor and subcontractor levels. Because I excel at building mutually respectful relationships, I have developed and sustained exceptional subcontractor contacts and networks and have earned the respect of a wide variety of layman, tradesmen, senior managers, and clients. Maintaining meticulous attention to detail, inspiring team accomplishment, and delivering quality, on-time project execution are areas in which I excel.
At this point, with the downturn in the construction industry, I am interested in exploring professional opportunities that will leverage my project management skills and experience in a new industry application.
Some of the qualities and credentials I have to offer are:
- 28-year project management and team-leadership history
- Team-focused leader and motivator
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Business
- Creative and proactive troubleshooter and problem solver
- Interpersonally-skilled coordinator and liaison
I feel confident that I can bring an excellent backdrop of professional experience to your organization and welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally to explore ways in which I can make a substantial contribution to your project management initiatives. My resume is included for your review and I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
Project Manager Cover Letter Sample 3:
My Professional experience encompasses over thirty years in sales and marketing and over twenty years of sales management, training and administration. Two endeavors involved that of me as an owner-partner. As my resume indicates, I wore several hats with each of my companies. My primary focus was on sales and marketing and achieving the sales revenues necessary to succeed as start up companies
Prior to this, I had 20 years of corporate sales and management. I had a very fulfilling career with PAFA Corporation, a division of Louer World Wide. During this time I was involved with capital equipment and renewable consumable sales. I was responsible for all aspects of National Account development and Dealer Distribution Channels. This included contract pricing, installation, training and V.I.P. trips to our Head Quarters in Boston with key personnel. The systems I was responsible for ranged in price from $50,000 to over $500,000 and some of the multi-year consumable contracts I negotiated achieved several millions on an annual bases.
I have managed, mentored, and taught sales people, managers, and clients on techniques useful in the art of negotiations to lead to win-win scenarios and long term relationships.
My experience indicates I have thrived in both the private and corporate cultures. I have a proven record of accomplishment for meeting and exceeding all quota requirements. During my tenure at PAFA, I was promoted four times and fully accepted the responsibilities that went along with each new opportunity.