Additional Scholarships available to families of Union members
The Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors Association (SMACNA)
· The SMACNA College of Fellows Scholarship is open to students seeking to further their education by attending an accredited four-year university or college (two–year for SMACNA Sacramento Valley Jr. Endowed Scholarship). College of Fellows Scholarships will be in the amount of $3,000 per academic year not to exceed $12,000 for four years of undergraduate study.
· Applicants must be SMACNA contractors, employees of SMACNA contractors, SMACNA Fellows, employees of local SMACNA Chapters, employees of National SMACNA, SMACNA National Associate Members, or immediate family members of any of the aforementioned.
· To view and download applications go to www.smacna.org/scholarship . Applications must be postmarked or with e-mail transmission date by March 31, 2016 to SMACNA College of Fellows Scholarship Program, P.O. Box 221230, Chantilly, VA 20153-1230.
The Sheet Metal Workers International Association Scholarship (SMWIA)
· The Sheet Metal Workers’ International Scholarship Fund awards scholarships in the amount of $4,000 per year for up to four years for full-time undergraduate study at any accredited college or university. Two of those awards may be granted to participants and their eligible dependents that are enrolled in an undergraduate course in Mechanical Engineering and Architecture. The new scholarships are for up to five years and will result in payments of $4,000 for the first year and $8,000 per year for years two through five, for a total scholarship of $36,000.
· Eligibility for a scholarship requires that an applicant be an active SMWIA member, a covered employee or a dependent spouse or child under the age of 25 of an SMWIA member or covered employee. Grandchildren are not eligible. Only qualified applicants from locals that participate by collectively bargaining to contribute or to authorize check-offs at one-cent per hour worked are eligible for the four-year scholarships. Other applicants are considered for the Scholarship Foundation’s one-year $2,000 scholarships for undergraduate study. For information visit the website at www.smwia.org/MembersSection/SMWIAScholarshipProgram.aspx
The Union Plus Scholarship
· Scholarship Award Amounts range from $500 to $4,000. These one-time cash awards are for study beginning in the fall each year. Students may re-apply each year.For information visit the website at www.unionplus.org/benefits/education/scholarships/up.cfm
· The application deadline is Friday January 31, 2016, 12pm (noon) ET.
Ø These scholarships are separate from Local Union No. 17 and their eligibility rules may differ from Local Union No. 17. Some may not accept grandchildren and or students already in college. Please contact each scholarship directly for more detailed information.
The Scholarship Committee
Беккер понимал, что через несколько секунд его преследователь побежит назад и с верхних ступеней сразу же увидит вцепившиеся в карниз пальцы. Он зажмурился и начал подтягиваться, понимая, что только чудо спасет его от гибели. Пальцы совсем онемели.