The academic year is divided into two terms and each term has two assessment reports. There shall be no formal examinations for classes I & II. The students will be assessed on the basis of day to day performance and regular classroom observations. The assessments would comprise of worksheets, assignments, recitation, reading, group discussions, dictation, project works, quizzes, extempore, multiple choice questions (MCQs), interactions, short answer questions (SAQs), field projects etc.
Colour indicators shall be awarded to students as mentioned below:-
** The Progress Card will only reflect Colour Indicators
- As per CBSE, students have to secure 33% marks out of maximum marks of respective subject to be eligible to qualify the examination and subsequently be promoted to the next class.
- In order to be declared as having passed the examination, a candidate shall obtain a grade higher than E (i.e. atleast 33% marks) in all the five subjects of external examinations in the main or at the compartment examinations. The pass marks in each subject of external examination shall be 33%. In case of a subject involving practical work a candidate must obtain 33% marks in theory and 33% marks in practical separately in addition to 33% marks in aggregate in order to qualify in that subject.
APPEARING ALL EXAMS IS MANDATORY
- If any exam is shifted from the scheduled dates due to any unforeseen circumstances then it will be mandatory for all to follow changed as per given instructions and no application / excuse for any reason will be entertained for the same.
- In genuine cases of absence during examination the Principal will decide on the merit of each case. Decision relating promotion of such cases will be at the sole discretion of the Principal (based on the excellence in academics and attendance).
- The Medical Certificate in case of Medical Leave should be submitted to school within one week.
- There shall be Assessment of Speaking and Listening Skills (ASL) in English for class IX/X and XI.
A student will be eligible to appear the examinations at class X and XII level only, when he/she has attained at least 75% of attendance for the 1st month preceding the month in which the examination of the of the Board commences.
Our Motto:-Service Before Self
An attitude which emphasises on greater pleasure in giving than in receiving. We believe that greatness comes from the team, not just from an individual.
Delhi Public School, Mathura Refinery was established on 12th Aug 1986 with the commitment to excellence. The collaboration of the DPS Society & Mathura Refinery gives the school a fine mix of academicians and technocrats at the helm of affairs. The school functions in two separate buildings viz.-Main School and Nursery Section. The School pursues excellence in academics, sports, environmental development, moral upliftment and keen competitiveness.
At DPS Mathura Refinery, education is a holistic learning experience. Efforts are made to help each child to develop attributes and qualities of head and heart, which will make him/her a self-reliant citizen and a fine human being, socially aware, compassionate , having pride in his country and belief in the concept of international brotherhood , a person ready to work as an agent of change for building a more socially just society.
Delhi Public School, M R Nagar Mathura strives to provide its students holistic education in a safe, supportive environment that promotes self-discipline, motivation, and excellence in learning. In its endeavour to contribute for a healthier and cleaner environment, the school is independently using Solar Panel Electricity Systems, capturing the sun's energy to convert it into electricity.
The school is a new generation Eco-friendly school and will surge ahead with the mission of creating environmental awareness among all its stakeholders and sensitizing them. The school will continue to take initiatives to bring complete cleanliness in and around the school premises. By the next three years, the school will launch a massive drive for maintaining health, hygiene and academic excellence through its well reticulated efforts.
From the Principal's Desk
Warm greetings! Let me welcome you all to the new academic session 2017-18. This year the school gears itself up for a changed education pattern. The CBSE brings revolutionary changes and heralds board examinations back for Class X students. Thus, the onus now lies on the school community, students and parents to put forth a missionary zeal for academic brilliance and excellence..............